PROSPECT PARK WEST BOUTIQUE CONDOMINIUMS
This landmarked limestone mansion was built in 1884 and originally designed by architect Axel Hedman as a single family home. It was divided into 8 apartments in the 1950's and later abandoned in the 1980's. It was then purchased by Horrigan Development and meticulously renovated into 5 luxury condominiums overlooking Prospect Park. Due to lack of maintenance for over half a century, a complete structural and mechanical gut renovation was required. The apartments were designed to restore the building's classic turn-of-the-century elegance and infuse it with modern touches and open spaces. Interior moldings and wainscoting were carefully cataloged and restored while the buildings interior was completely gutted. All missing applique and brackets on the building's massive 7' high cornice were recreated and installed to match the original. Outdoor space was created for each apartment whether it be a garden, terrace or rooftop deck. The rear of building was excavated to provide the basement level with additional light and views of the garden. The project was the recipient of the Ortner Award for Historic Preservation. For additional information click here for the buildings official website.